Dear Colleagues and Friends -
You are warmly invited to join us for our first STEAM Exchange of 2023, Topic: AI (Artificial Intelligence) from 6-8pm on March 23rd at the STEAM Factory. STEAM Exchanges are a STEAM Factory favorite event. These salon style seminars provide an excellent opportunity to meet scholars from across the university for a lively, engaging, informative, disciplinarily diverse, and well-catered evening! You are encouraged to bring a colleague and/or friend. Please make sure guests register with the link below so we have enough food for everyone. Free and accessible parking is readily available at the building.
What are STEAM Exchanges?
STEAM Exchanges are monthly salon-style seminars centered around broad thematic topics and hosted by the STEAM Factory. Our monthly themed interdisciplinary seminars known as STEAM Exchanges bring multiple disciplines perspectives to bear on a single subject such as Conflict, Progress, or Bias. Diverse speakers are invited to present on their research and discipline as it relates to the monthly thematic topic. These discussions are intended to highlight current research, bringing multiple disciplinary perspectives to bear on a single issue with the purpose of enhancing scholarly community and sense of belonging, identifying opportunities for cross-collaboration, encourage the sharing of individual expertise, tools and resources and to enhance teaching and facilitate professional development. These events are a fun way to share interests with other academics, engage in a broad array of lively conversations, connect with new (and existing) friends and colleagues, learn from other academics and discover new possibilities, ideas and collaborators.
Benefits of attending and presenting at STEAM Exchanges:
- Learn and share current research endeavors across disciplines on a single topical issue
- Share tools, resources and data sets to enhance research and teaching methods
- Identify possibilities and contacts for cross-collaboration on research topics
- Fun, interesting and engaging way of making research connections
Here are all the details:
- What: March STEAM Exchange, Topic: AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- When: 6 - 8pm on Thursday, March 23rd, 2023
- Where: The STEAM Factory, 2nd floor of 400 W. Rich Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Presenters on AI (Artificial Intelligence), moderated by David Anderson:
- Dr. Steven Bibyk - Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dr. Ness Shroff - Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
- Dr. Declan Smithies - Professor, Philosophy
STEAM Exchange Schedule -
6:00 – Evening begins networking, dinner and conversations
6:30 – Presentations begin
8:00 - Event wrap-up
We hope to see you Thursday, March 23rd! Please let me know if you have any questions about this or other STEAM Factory programs.