You are warmly invited to join us for our next STEAM Exchange, Topic: Scarcity, from 6-8pm on February 15th at the STEAM Factory!! These monthly salon-style seminars provide an excellent opportunity to meet scholars from across the university for a lively, engaging, informative, disciplinarily diverse, and well-catered evening! These events are a fun way to learn from other academics, share research interests, engage in a broad array of lively conversations, connect with new (and existing) colleagues, and discover new possibilities, ideas and collaborators.
Bring a friend! STEAM Exchanges provide a great opportunity to introduce new folks to our STEAM community and you are encouraged and welcome to bring a colleague or friend. (**Please make sure guests register with the link below so we have enough food for everyone.)
What are STEAM Exchanges?
STEAM Exchanges are monthly salon-style seminars centered around broad thematic topics and hosted by the STEAM Factory. Our monthly themed interdisciplinary seminars known as STEAM Exchanges bring multiple disciplines perspectives to bear on a single subject such as Conflict, Progress, or Bias. Diverse speakers are invited to present on their research and discipline as it relates to the monthly thematic topic. These discussions are intended to highlight current research, bringing multiple disciplinary perspectives to bear on a single issue with the purpose of enhancing scholarly community and sense of belonging, identifying opportunities for cross-collaboration, encourage the sharing of individual expertise, tools and resources and to enhance teaching and facilitate professional development.
Benefits of attending and presenting at STEAM Exchanges:
- Learn and share current research endeavors across disciplines on a single topical issue
- Share tools, resources and data sets to enhance research and teaching methods
- Identify possibilities and contacts for cross-collaboration on research topics
- Fun, interesting and engaging way of making research connections
Here are all the details:
- What: February STEAM Exchange: Scarcity
- When: 6 - 8pm on Thursday, February 15th, 2024
- Where: The STEAM Factory, 2nd floor of 400 W. Rich Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Free and accessible parking is readily available at the building.
Speakers for the STEAM Exchange, moderated by Enrico Bonello, Professor in the Department of Plant Pathology:
- Jared Grant – AEDE - Influencers, Price Discounts, and Trust: Optimal Strategies for Improving Food Access
- Don Hubin – Philosophy & OSU Center for Ethics and Human Values - Scarcity and the Demands of Justice
- Wei-Lun (Harry) Chao – CSE - Scarcity Meets Data-Hungry AI Models
STEAM Exchange Schedule -
6:00pm – Event begins: food and conversation!
6:20pm - Presentations begin
8:00pm - Event Wrap-Up
Be well and we look forward to seeing many of you on Thursday, February 15th!