Associate Professor, Microbial Infection, Immunity, Microbiology & Centers of Microbial Interface Biology & Retrovirus Research
460 W. 12th Ave.
- Post-doctoral fellowship, Virology, Epidemiology, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Ph.D., Pharmacology, University of Virginia
- Biology Teacher, US Peace Corps, Malawi, Africa
- B.S., Biochemistry, University of Rochester
Research Interests -
- My research focuses on how viruses cause infection; specifically, transmission and treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1).
- My research publications are listed here.
Teaching Interests -
I teach and direct (or co-direct) two undergraduate courses:
- Biomedical Sciences (BMS) 4810h: Select Topics in Microbiology & Immunology
- History/Microbiology 3704: HIV from Microbiology to Macrohistory
I have been a Residential Director for two study abroad programs (Malawi, Guatemala)